Siemens Simcenter FloEFD 2020.1.0 v4949 for Catia V5 | 758.0 mbSiemens Digital Industries Software announces the latest release of its Simcenter FLOEFD software for Catia V5, a CAD-embedded computational fluid dynamics (CFD) tool. The latest version offers new modules and improvements that can improve accuracy and solve rates. The new Electronics Cooling Center module in Simcenter FLOEFD combines existing best electronics-specific capabilities and integrates new ones from Simcenter Flotherm software inside the user-friendly CAD-embedded interface to enhance electronics cooling functionality. A second new module helps users create a compact Reduced Order Model (ROM) that solves at a faster rate, while still maintaining a high level of accuracy. Its package creator helps users create thermal models of electronics packages easily and quickly. The Power Electrification module can now simulate an electrical device as an electro-thermal compact model, which can save significant user and computational time. Release Simcenter FloEFD Version 2020.1 for Catia V5 - Date: April 2020
Language: English, Deutsch, Français, 中文, 日本語, Русский
The following new features are available in this release.
- BCI ROM. Reduced Order Modelling is an approach to derive a dynamic compact thermal model from a thermal simulation model. The objective is to create a model that solves much faster, while maintaining predictive accuracy in space and time. The Boundary Conditions Independent (BCI) ROM allows you to create the compact model by providing locations of the heat sources (as volume heat sources), temperature monitor points (as point goals), heat transfer coefficients on bounding faces (as wall boundary condition) and specifying a range of heat transfer coefficient minimum and maximum values. After creating the model, the temperature in the monitor points are obtained much faster (in second and minutes) by given exact power dissipation (can be time-dependent) and heat transfer coefficients. The BCI-ROM is a conduction-only model, radiation and Joule heating are not supported. Requires “BCI-ROM and Package Creator” or “Electronics Cooling Center” module.
- Thermal Netlist Extraction. Using BCI ROM you can convert a task into a thermal netlist (in *.sp format) which can be used by a Spice based electro thermal system simulation tool such as Mentor Eldo. Requires “BCI-ROM and Package Creator” or “Electronics Cooling Center” module.
- Package Creator. Package Creator is a new tool that specializes in the rapid creation of electronic package models based on a library of IC package templates and user customization. An IC package model contains geometry, material and heat sources definition. Requires “BCI-ROM and Package Creator” or “Electronics Cooling Center” module.
- Electrical Element. A thermo-electrical compact model allows the addition of a component into a DC electro-thermal calculation by the given component’s electrical resistance. The corresponding Joule heat is calculated and applied to the body as a heat source so you don’t need to have a detailed model of a component to take it into account in the electro-thermal DC calculation. A Resistor element uses the total electrical resistance specified. A Wire element automatically calculates the resistance based on a wire’s material, length and cross sectional area, and optionally you can specify the thermal resistance of the wire’s insulator. A Joint element virtually (no body is necessary) connects two faces. Requires “Power Electrification” or “Electronics Cooling Center” module.
- ECXML Import. You can now import Electronics Cooling XML, an open neutral file format to share design models among different thermal simulation toolsets.
- Battery Model Extraction. Extraction of Equivalent Circuit Model (ECM) input parameters from experimental data. Requires “Power Electrification” module.
- Battery ECM of 3rd order. The 3 rd order ECM is now supported for battery simulation. Requires “Power Electrification” module.
- Multiple Edit for batteries. Multiple edit definition is available for a Battery feature. Requires “Power Electrification” module.
- Import plots from Scene. You can copy a results feature (plots, parameters, etc) to other models by using Scene template or Scene Image (*.efdscene).
- Improvement of setting the Custom Visualization parameters. User-defined postprocessing parameters can now depend on other user-defined postprocessing parameters.
- Rotating angle associated goal. Rotating Region has a new Rotating Angle goal associated with the feature.
- Shock waves stabilization. In case of shock waves with the Mach number greater than five enabling this option allows to dampen oscillations.
- API Enhancement. You can now add the Thermal Contact Resistance, change the Gravity, and change the Default Solid.
- Rebranding FloEFD. FloEFD is now renamed to Simcenter FLOEFD software. FloEFDView is renamed to Simcenter FLOEFD Viewer. FLOEFD icon in Start menu is now located into Simcenter FLOEFD folder. The default files location in the Program Files folder is not changed, so API scripts referring to the setup folder are not affected.
- Simcenter FLOEFD BCI-ROM and Package Creator module. The module includes the following capabilities:
. BCI-ROM and Thermal Netlist
. Package Creator
. PCB compact model (previously available only in the Electronics Cooling module).
- Simcenter FLOEFD Electronics Cooling Center (ECC) module. The module includes the following best in class capabilities for powerful and comprehensive electronics cooling analysis from Simcenter FLOEFD and Simcenter Flotherm software:
. EDA Bridge and Smart PCB
. BCI ROM and Thermal Netlist
. Package Creator
. PDML Import
. Network Assembly and Two-resistor compact models
. Simcenter T3STER software AutoCalibration
. PCB compact model
. Heat Pipe compact model
. Joule Heating
. Electrical Element compact model
All existing modules whose functionality is available in ECC module (EDA Bridge, AutoCalibration, Electronics Cooling, and Power Electrification) are maintained as separate modules.Simcenter FLOEFD for CATIA V5 puts the power of computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulation in the hands of the design engineer. An award-winning software, Simcenter FLOEFD works directly inside your CAD software. Now you can explore the full potential of designs quickly: understand the influence of changes in the geometry or boundary conditions on the results effortlessly, conduct fast and frequent what-if analysis, and generate insightful reports. Realize the full potential of ideas quickly and save time and money by only progressing the design concepts with the most promise to the validation phase and when you need to use multiple CAD platforms on the same project or for legacy data, you can use Simcenter FLOEFD Flexx - a flexible licensing scheme enabling you to simulate your design in the CAD system of your choice. Simcenter FLoEFD is a front-loading CFD that is fully embedded in the most Popular CAD programs such a Siemens NX, PTC CREO, CATIA V5 and integrate with your CAD geometry. In this video we’ll be looking at a radiator which can be found in many automotive applications. Siemens Digital Industries Software is driving transformation to enable a digital enterprise where engineering, manufacturing and electronics design meet tomorrow. The Xcelerator portfolio helps companies of all sizes create and leverage digital twins that provide organizations with new insights, opportunities and levels of automation to drive innovation. Product: Siemens Simcenter FloEFDVersion: 2020.1.0 v4949 for CATIA V5Supported Architectures: x64Website Home Page : www.plm.automation.siemens.comLanguage: multilanguageSystem Requirements: PC *Supported Operating Systems: *Software Prerequisites: *Size: 758.0 mb * System Requirements:
- Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Ultimate or Enterprise 64-bit edition, Microsoft Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise 64-bit (tested with v1809)
- For solver: Microsoft Windows 2012 Server x64, Windows 2012 Server R2 x64, Windows Server 2016 with HPC Pack 2016
- Microsoft Office 2013; Microsoft Office 2010; Microsoft Office 2007
- Microsoft Windows Media Player 7.0 or higher
CATIA V5 R20 (recommended SP7)
CATIA V5 R21 (recommended SP6)
CATIA V5-6 2012 (R22)(recommended SP6)
CATIA V5-6 2013 (R23) (recommended SP6)
CATIA V5-6 2014 (R24) (recommended SP7)
CATIA V5-6 2015 (R25) (recommended SP6)
CATIA V5-6 2016 (R26) (recommended SP6)
CATIA V5-6 2017 (R27) (recommended SP4)
CATIA V5-6 2018 (R28) (recommended SP5)
CATIA V5-6 2019(R29) (recommended SP3)
- Ethernet network adapter
- Mouse or other pointing device
- DVD-ROM drive
- 4GB RAM minimum, more recommended
- 1GB of free hard disk space, more required for simulation models